Outcome Area Working Group for Education Santa Maria
Veteran's Memorial Community Center313 West Tunnell Street
Santa Maria, CA 93458
Economic Development Collaborative (EDC), Santa Barbara Foundation (SBF), the California Department of Technology (CDT), and the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) are hosting a workshop to seek input on the development on the State Digital Equity Plan (SDEP) and the Broadband Equity, Access, and Deployment (BEAD) Five-Year Action Plan.
EDC, SBF, CDT, and CPUC are working to close the digital divide and ask community members from all walks of life to take part by sharing their experiences with connectivity and adoption issues, device access and knowledge/training about how to use devices.
Your input will help determine how future federal dollars are allocated to address digital injustice in your community.
We are committed to inclusivity by working with partners to ensure the State Digital Equity Plan and BEAD Program meet the needs of all Californians, especially those who have been historically left behind, including:
- Households with incomes at or below 150 percent of the federal poverty level
- Aging individuals 60 and over
- Incarcerated individuals (other than individuals who are incarcerated in a Federal correctional facility
- Individuals with disabilities
- Individuals with a language barriers (including English language learners)
- Individuals who are members of a racial or ethnic minority group
- Individuals who primarily reside in a rural area
- Individuals who identify as LGBTQ+
- Individuals who identify as female or as a woman
Attendees will have the opportunity to learn more about the digital equity plan, provide feedback on how to make it more effective, and connect with others who are passionate about digital equity in California.
*If you need any accessibility accommodations in order to participate, please let us know in the registration.