Terms of Service
California IT in Education (“CITE”) reserves the right to reserve the right to refuse membership or account creation for any reason. By creating a CITE account Educational, Educational Team Membership, or Educational Non-Member account, you are agreeing to automatically be enrolled in your local Regional Group(s).
What Types of Personal Data do we Collect?
Our application only collects personal data that is necessary for your event registration. This includes but may not be limited to an individual’s name, organization, title, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, fax number, and credit or debit card number (“Personal Data”). Please note that by submitting Personal Data through the mobile application or website, you give your consent that all Personal Data submitted may be processed and/or shared with CITE and its service providers in the manner and for the purposes described in this Policy.
If you do not agree with this Policy, you may choose not to register and use CITE’s mobile application.
How do we Collect and Use Data?
Data is collected when an individual or organization registers and explicitly enters personal data onto the mobile application or information is input automatically through commonly used information gathering technologies, such as cookies. CITE may use or disclose the personal information it collects for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information, such as registration for an event. We will also use information to process payment for event registration. We may also save your information as it relates to your attendance at our events.
- To provide support and develop our mobile application.
- To process requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to any inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve responses.
- For our internal business purposes that include administering access and use of our mobile application, data analysis, securely identifying users upon logging onto the mobile application, enhancing or modifying our mobile application, billing for services, and furthering CITE’s mission.
- With the express consent of a user, information gathered may be used to send users updates regarding events, newsletters, and related notifications.
- As otherwise required by law.
We may also aggregate information from registrants and the use of our mobile application in order to improve our events and mobile application. None of the aggregated information contains personal data.
Is Data Ever Shared with or Sold to Third Parties?
We will not share, sell, or trade any information with third parties for any promotional purposes. Data may only be shared to the extent necessary to fulfill the business purposes outlined above.
How Long Does CITE Store Personal Data Collected?
We store information for 30 days following the conclusion of an event, unless a registrant has provided express consent to receive newsletters or other communications regarding CITE, its mission, and future events, or an individual has chosen to maintain an account or membership with CITE through the mobile application.
How Can Individuals Access or Delete Personal Data?
Individuals may delete their accounts on the mobile application, whereafter, CITE will cease to store any Personal Data provided through the individual’s account. Individuals may otherwise access, correct, or delete their data by contacting CITE at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The information collected by CITE is collected for the purposes outlined in this Policy and include information from the following categories:
- Identifiers such as names, postal addresses, IP address, email address, or other similar identifiers.
- Commercial information, including records of registration for events or related services.
- Internet of other electronic network activity information
- Geolocation data.
- Professional or employment-related information.
- Education information.
- Inferences drawn from the information identified above.
How Does CITE Safeguard the Data Collected?
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect Personal Data submitted to us. Our mobile app is administered by Cvent, Inc. For more information on how your Personal Data is protected, please visit https://www.cvent.com/en/cvent-global-privacy-policy. Please be aware, although CITE strives to safeguard your information to the fullest extent possible, CITE cannot guarantee complete confidentiality or privacy with respect to any of your Personal Data or other information provided through its mobile application.